Have you ever wondered how to add another device to my iPhone? Right? This is a frequently asked question in recent times. Thus, we are here to give you a clear picture of how to add another device to find my phone. All you have to do is follow through to the end of the article
So, let’s get started.
How to Add Devices to “Find my iPhone”?
This is a simple process. The first step is to find and tap the ‘Settings’ icon on your iPhone to add a device to find your iPhone. If you have iOS 10.3 or later, you need to tap your name and select ‘iCloud’. If you have iOS 10.2 or earlier, you need to open ‘iCloud’.
The last step is to activate the Find My iPhone feature, that’s all. Find your iPhone ‘lets you find, lock or wipe your iPhone and prevent it from being erased or restarted without your password.
Can I add a device to “Find my iPhone”, provided I don’t have any device lying around?
You can add a device to search my iPhone even if you do not have it. Find the ‘Settings’ icon on your iPhone and tap it, then your name, then my iPhone.
If you are asked to log in, use your Apple ID. However, if you have forgotten your Apple ID or do not have one, go to ‘My Device’ and switch to ‘Find My iPhone’.
“Find my iPhone” Compatible with
- iPod touch
- Apple Watch
How Do I Add Someone Else’s Phone To “Find My iPhone”?
This is one of the most intriguing features of the iPhone. First of all, it makes it easy to find out all about your friends and family. Second, it makes it easy to find and search for your loved ones’ lost iPhones or iPads.
To add someone else’s phone to your iPhone, find the ‘Settings’ icon on your iPhone and tap it. Next, tap the iCloud Accounts banner in your name. Then tap ‘Family Sharing’. Next, select the feature you would like to share with family members.
In this case you will select ‘Transfer’. Then, select “Invite a family member” and send a personalized invitation or create a child account. To invite family members using iOS 10 and earlier, you can tap “Start” and follow the on-screen instructions.
Repeat the process for up to six family members. It is important to remember that you must first create a ‘family group’.
How to Use “Find My iPhone”?
To use Find My iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open your iPhone and go to “Settings”
- Click on your name in ‘Settings’ and finally ‘iCloud’.
- If you have iOS 10.2 or higher, go to Settings, then iCloud.
- Tap My Phone and scroll down to see the icon. Once you find it, push it right to activate it.
- When you activate the ‘Find My iPhone’ icon it will turn green. Let you know that this icon has been activated.
Whenever you can not find a device:
- Tap the device you want to find in the list of devices.
- If the device is found, it will appear on the map.
- If the device is not found, you will receive a ‘No location found’ notification under the device name.
- Activate “Let me know when I find it” under Notifications. You will be notified immediately if the phone is found.
How Do I Add a MacBook to “Find My iPhone”?
- Open the “Apple Menu”
- Go to ‘System Preferences’
- Finally, open the ‘Apple ID’.
- If you can not find the ‘Apple ID’, click ‘Sign In’, then sign in with your ‘Apple ID’, or create one if you do not have one.
- Once you’re done, go to the sidebar, click on iCloud, then select ‘Find My Mac’ and then select ‘Allow’.
How Do I Add Airpods to “Find My iPhone”?
- Open the “Find My iPhone” app to add air coils.
- Next, sign in using your Apple ID password.
- Tap your AirPods in the list that opens.
- Next, sign in to your iCloud with your Apple ID. Open the iPhone and click All Devices. Finally, select your Airpods.
Find your friends.
You can invite friends and family to share their locations. So you can keep in touch with each other, coordinate an event or find out when a family member came home safely.
See where everyone is on a map
When you share your location with friends, it’s easier for you to find and connect with each other. Share your location for an hour, day, or indefinitely – it’s up to you.
Know when they leave. Know when they arrive
If you wish, you can get notifications when your child comes to school or when a family member quits. Notifications are easy to set up, and each person has a choice of options. So everyone’s privacy is respected.