Checkra1n jailbreak is based on checkm8 hardware bug exploit, the latest version of checkra1n v 0.12.3 which brings compatibility with iOS 14.5 and iPadOS 14.5 for all devices from iPhone 5s to iPhone X.
Content on this page:
- The Latest update
- Download Checkra1n
- How to install
- Compatible iOS versions
- Device compatibility
- Old versions
The Latest update
Checkra1n jailbreak updated to v 0.12.3 with M1 Mac support, added iOS 14.5 support, & bug fixes
- Support for iOS 14.5
- Preliminary support for M1 Macs – read the announcement
--force-revertcommand line option to force rootFS reverting without access to the loader app
- The included binpack has been updated and thinned
- Fixes an issue that caused the loader app to crash on tvOS 12
- Fixes checkra1n crashing on macOS if using a recent MobileDevice framework
- Fixes an issue that could cause the “terminal UI” to crash on Linux
- Fixes an issue where the “terminal UI” could leave the terminal in an unusable state on exit
- The “devhelper” process on Linux is now properly cleaned up on exit
- A11 devices on iOS 14.0 and above require removing the passcode and enabling “Skip A11 BPR check” in the options. This is not recommended, but it’s there.
- A7 devices will currently not work with the Linux version
- The exploit may not work as reliably on some devices, such as the Raspberry Pi Zero and Raspberry Pi 3
- Linux GUI build when using CLI mode doesn’t support auto assertion of DFU mode on advanced Apple TV 4k breakout boards
- If you disconnect the cable, then as soon as macOS boots it’ll take over the USB connection and disallow communication with the T2
- Some users have reported checkra1n crashing when Chinese is set as the only system language. It is unknown whether any other language is affected.
This beta is only available for macOS and Linux. Work is ongoing to support Windows, which will be added in a later release.
At the moment, checkra1n only supports installing Cydia. Support for other package managers, including Zebra and Installer is coming soon and is expected within the coming weeks.
Checkra1n Android Installation
Now you can install checkra1n jailbreak by android devices. To this method, you don’t need MAC or Linux PC.
- Android device with root access.
- Cables to connect android device into iOS Device.
- Terminal app – Android ( Twrp Recovery).
- iOS / iPadOS device.
Step 1: Download compatible checkra1n linux file. – Need to match Architecture.
Step 2: Open Twrp recovery and go to Advance tab.
Step 3: Go to file manager.
Step 4: Select downloaded checkra1n file.
Step 5: Select “chmod” set permissions to “0777” and press check mark bottom.
Step 6: Slide to confirm changes. and press Home button.
Step 8: Go to Advance and tap on Terminal.
Step 9: Type – “pwd”
Step 10: Type “cd sdcard” press enter on bottom.
Step 11: Type “./checkra1n -c” – now you can see it will look for iPhone in DFU.
Step 12: Put your iPhone/iPad in to DFU mode.
Step 13: Now it will booting and jailbreaking your iPhone.
Step 14: open checkra1n app on your iPhone/iPad home screen.
Step 15: press download cydia.
Step 16: Enjoy jailbreak.